Posted: March, 20, 2019 Part-Time Appleton, WI, United States
Suburban Electric is seeking a Youth Apprentice Electrician to join our team. This position gives the student learner an opportunity to learn the electrical industry, safety standards, and construction methods. The ideal candidate must willing to learn basic installations and circuitry, pipe bending, blueprint reading, and materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Actively learns basic tasks:
• Conduit bending
• Fixture assembly
• Wire pulling
• Clean up
• Basic installations
• Temp Power (panels, receptacles, and lighting)
• Unpackaging of equipment
• Ability to correctly use hand tools
• Safe use of ladders
2. Operate and understand various power tools
3. Material Delivery and pick-up
4. Handling of excess material, sorting and storage
5. Attend Quick Start training
6. Responsible to know or seek out answers to construction method questions when not previously experienced
7. Adheres with all safety policies and practices at all times. Wears steel toed shoes, hardhat, gloves, and safety glasses in the Pre-Fab shop and on all job sites.
• Currently a Junior or Senior at a local High School
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Good troubleshooting and communication skills
• To stand for at least eight to ten hours per day
• To walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work overhead
• Must frequently lift and/or move at least 25 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
INTERESTED BUT HAVE QUESTIONS? NO PROBLEM, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND LETS GET THE CONVERSATION STARTED ON HOW WE CAN HELP ADVANCE YOUR CAREER TODAY!