Posted: April 9, 2018
Appleton, WI, United States
We are offering a $2,000 signing bonus for this position!
Our Suburban team members are expected to work safely and carry out our values of respect and integrity while developing themselves and others and building effective teams.
A Suburban Electric Technician II is a leading problem-solver committed to excellence and producing a high-quality level of work. Under general supervision and with proper credentials, they are responsible for a wide range of security, telecommunications, service installations, troubleshooting, and maintenance within commercial and industrial settings. Our Systems Technicians respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety and/or security concerns. This includes possible out-of-town, night, weekend, holiday, and on-call rotations, as well as carrying out project work in all areas.
Our Technician II team members will plan and make daily adjustments for equipment and material. They will have daily communication with customers, managers, foremen, and fellow team members.
Our crews rely on teamwork to drive results through development and coaching. In line with Suburban Electric’s vision of all team members reaching their highest potential, Technician II team members will possess the skills and motivation to develop not only themselves, but others in their division. Technicians demonstrating growth, initiative, strong character and teamwork move up quickly, allowing for personal growth and career advancement. All jobsite team members participate in and drive safety initiatives such as tool-box talks and operational risk management meetings to proactively identify safe practices for our team members.
What you’ll be doing:
- Enforces a safe jobsite and maintains compliance with company policy, NFPA70 E, OSHA, and customer-specific safety standards
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Builds effective teams by leveraging team member strengths and overcoming weaknesses
- Demonstrates self-motivation
- Acts with integrity and respect. Demonstrates and a high level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with team members, customers, and vendors.
- Works closely with the supervisor to plan, coordinate and execute the installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications, drawings and local codes
- Completes and submits all required task-related, activity, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with team members, customers and vendors of all levels
- Obtains and retains specified licenses and/or certifications to perform work in the electrical industry according to the requirements of the state or municipality
- Organizes and effectively utilizes technical resources, information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks
- Coordinates with and provides technical support to administration, sales force and other Technicians for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently
- Work closely with Supervisor to plan and install system cabling and electronic security systems including Intrusion, Fire Alarms, CCTV, Access Control systems, CATV, Fiber optics, Structured Cabling and all related electronic components and equipment
- Reads read and interprets schematic diagrams, plans, submittals, and specifications.
- Programs servers, workstations, panels and other programmable components
- Completes detailed and accurate as-built, testing, and quality control documentation
- Develops working knowledge of all codes, operating standards, practices, and procedures: NFPA 101, IBC, NEC, BICSI, NICET, Suburban’s SOPs (ex: Labeling)
- Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of test equipment, multimeter, cable analyzer, and commissioning devices
- Performs testing to identify and correct problems at component and system levels as part of commissioning or maintenance
- Diagnoses (troubleshoot) problems and performs service and repairs on security systems and other related system components.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of three years’ experience with electronics and/or low voltage systems
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Must have a good driving record
- To stand for at least eight to ten hours per day
- To walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work overhead
- Must frequently lift and/or move at least 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required
What we’ll do for you:
- Our Culture. Safety, core values, teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement. This is our culture. This is how we work together. This is how we do business.
- Your Career. You have a career here at Suburban. Not just a job. We want you to reach your highest potential. You decide what that is.
- Our Commitment. To your financial health and well-being. This starts with the Great Game of Business, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), bonus plan, increased income potential, and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.