Posted: April 9, 2018
Appleton, WI, United States
We are offering a $2,000.00 signing bonus for you to join our team!
Our Suburban team members are expected to work safely and carry out our values of respect and integrity while developing themselves and others and building effective teams.
A Suburban Electric Foreman is primarily responsible for supervising and coordinating all the workings at a job site including that of a crew of electricians, technicians, apprentices, and pre-apprentices. He/She will establish and adjust work timelines to meet the construction schedule for the project, and organize and coordinate all project materials and equipment. The Foreman will also ensure that all work installed is completed in accordance with the standards set forth by Suburban Electric—all work will be completed on budget, on time, and in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards. This team member demonstrates understanding and enthusiastic agreement with the vision and values of Suburban Electric.
Our crews rely on teamwork to drive results through development and coaching. In line with Suburban Electric’s vision of all team members reaching their highest potential, Foremen will possess the skills and motivation to develop not only themselves, but others in their division. Foremen demonstrating growth, initiative, strong character and teamwork move up quickly, allowing for personal growth and career advancement. All jobsite team members participate in and drive safety initiatives such as tool-box talks and operational risk management meetings to proactively identify safe practices for our team members
What you’ll be doing:
- Possesses the leadership skills and experience to identify, train and develop self and all team members on best practices, processes and methods.
- Promotes and fosters activities to obtain employee satisfaction, morale, communication, commitment, teamwork, and pride.
- Collaboration within departments with the overall objective of successful completion of the project
- Demonstrates integrity and respect. Leads with a high level professionalism and courtesy when interacting with team members, customers and vendors
- Promotes positive customer relationships.
- Talk straight-Deal straight
- Maintains compliance with company policies; consults with Human Resources and/or Project Management to ensure consistent corrective measures are taken and documentation completed
- Performs Operations functions such as reviewing building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installations procedures.
- Performs Preconstruction function such as determining the scope of work, prepare an estimate and review with manager
- Works with Project Managers to forecast manpower, job costs, establish and monitor project goals, track and monitor materials, equipment and subcontractors etc.
- Provides Supervisor project support by coordinating with the General Contractor, other trades and customers on the project, as needed to ensure timely and quality completion of projects
- Ensures reporting duties are completed daily for time keeping, daily reports, accident notifications, and onsite document control (i.e., foreman logs, performance evaluations, purchase order logs, time cards, etc.)
- Understands and adheres to contract documents.
- Applies and trains to all codes, operating standards, practices and procedures.
- Functional/technical problem solving skills
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Must possess a state Journeyman’s License, if applicable
- Minimum of five years’ experience
- Capable of leading a small crew (2 – 5 technicians/electricians) effectively
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Good troubleshooting and communication skills
- To stand for at least eight to ten hours per day
- To walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work overhead
- Must frequently lift and/or move 25-50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required
What we’ll do for you:
- Our Culture. Safety, core values, teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement. This is our culture. This is how we work together. This is how we do business.
- Your Career. You have a career here at Suburban. Not just a job. We want you to reach your highest potential. You decide what that is.
- Our Commitment. To your financial health and well-being. This starts with the Great Game of Business, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), bonus plan, increased income potential, and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.