Posted: April 9, 2018
Appleton, WI, United States
Suburban Electric is currently seeking a Pre-Apprentice Electrician to join our team. This position gives the team member an opportunity to learn the electrical industry, safety standards, and construction methods. The ideal candidate must willing to learn basic installations and circuitry, pipe bending, blueprint reading, and materials.
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively learns basic tasks:
- Conduit bending
- Fixture assembly
- Wire pulling
- Clean up
- Basic installations
- Temp Power (panels, receptacles, and lighting)
- Unpackaging of equipment
- Ability to correctly use hand tools
- Safe use of ladders
- Operate and understand various power tools
- Material delivery and pick-up
- Handling of excess material, sorting and storage
- Attend Quick Start training
- Responsible to know or seek out answers to construction method questions when not previously experienced
- Adheres with all safety policies and practices at all times. Wears steel toed shoes, hardhat, gloves, and safety glasses in the Pre-Fab shop and on all job sites.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- High school diploma
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Good troubleshooting and communication skills
- To stand for at least eight to ten hours per day
- To walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work overhead
- Must frequently lift and/or move at least 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required
What we’ll do for you:
- Our Culture. Safety, core values, teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement. This is our culture. This is how we work together. This is how we do business.
- Your Career. You have a career here at Suburban. Not just a job. We want you to reach your highest potential. You decide what that is.
- Our Commitment. To your financial health and well-being. This starts with the Great Game of Business, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), bonus plan, increased income potential, and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.