Posted: November 9, 2018
Appleton, WI, United States
Suburban Electric is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Estimator to join our team. This position will be a part of our Preconstruction Services (PCS) team. Our PCS team performs a critical role in the work Suburban delivers. We connect with a wide array of customers. We walk through our customer’s facilities, input our ideas into their projects, and foster long-term customer relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
- Adheres with all safety policies and practices at all times
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for projects
- Maintain files of working documentation as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, websites, price lists, etc.
- Corresponds with architects, engineers, owner’s reps, etc. to obtain missing information
- Assists fellow estimators in customer proposal and presentation preparation, may participate in owner/GC presentations
- Works consistently within estimating process; calendar invite, bid checklist, pre-bid meeting, estimate production, proposal methodology, bid review, delivery, and CRM tracking
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required content of estimate, identifies conflicts in plans
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Business Administration, or Finance/Accounting
- Minimum of five years of estimating experience
- Good troubleshooting and communication skills
What we’ll do for you:
- Our Culture. Safety, core values, teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement. This is our culture. This is how we work together. This is how we do business.
- Your Career. You have a career here at Suburban. Not just a job. We want you to reach your highest potential. You decide what that is.
- Our Commitment. To your financial health and well-being. This starts with the Great Game of Business, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), bonus plan, increased income potential, and benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.