Posted: April 9, 2018
Appleton, WI, United States
Are you in your 3rd, 4th, or 5th year? We are offering a $1,000.00 signing bonus for you to join our team!
Suburban Electric is currently seeking an Apprentice Electrician to join our team. This position gives the team member an opportunity to grow their career as an Electrician through a five year apprenticeship. The candidate will learn the electrical industry, safety standards, and construction methods. The ideal candidate must willing to learn basic installations and circuitry, pipe bending, blueprint reading, and materials.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assists in the installation of all electrical equipment and material per the specific project’s requirements, under the direction of the Project Foreman.
- Actively participates in reviewing plans, specifications and project documentation
- Can navigate a blueprint
- Can complete portions of small projects
- Rough in
- Work branch circuits
- Pull some wire
- Pull some feeds
- Ability to safely operate any tool required to complete the assigned task:
- One Shot
- Smart bender, etc.
- Well versed in all hand bending
- Knows fire ratings, plenum ratings
- Responsible to know or seek out answers to construction method questions when not previously experienced
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Currently enrolled in an Apprenticeship program
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Good troubleshooting and communication skills
- To stand for at least eight to ten hours per day
- To walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work overhead
- Must frequently lift and/or move at least 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required
What we’ll do for you:
- Our Culture. Safety, core values, teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement. This is our culture. This is how we work together. This is how we do business.
- Your Career. You have a career here at Suburban. Not just a job. We want you to reach your highest potential. You decide what that is.
- Our Commitment. To your financial health and well-being. This starts with the Great Game of Business, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), bonus plan, increased income potential, and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.